Help on Provisioning / de-provisioning Parameter sent via AMQP

We setup IoT Insights to get provision calls from Pantaris stage via AMQP.

When I provision via Sandbox we receive the following:
“applicationProvisionRunId”: “xxxx-878b8b5175db”,
“context”: “sandbox”,
“projectId”: “xxxx-c3fca0452ef3”,
“applicationId”: “xxxx-533f19812bc3”,
“event”: “activated”,
“sandboxId”: “xxxx-5bc602bd7eea”,

When I delete the Sandbox we receive :
“applicationProvisionRunId”: “xxxx-878b8b5175db”,
“projectId”: “xxxx-c3fca0452ef3”,
“applicationId”: “xxxx-533f19812bc3”,
“event”: “terminated”,

What is the difference between applicationProvisionRunId, projectId and applicationId? I did not find the documentation for the parameter.

Is it sufficient that we keep track of applicationProvisionRunId to relate the termination request to the original provisioning request?
Is it changing for each provision request?
Also when creating another sandbox?
(note: we accept provisioning from several marketplaces and have a single database field available; the entries in this field must be unique;).

Thanks, Erwin

Please find the documenation of the events in the async-api-spec, which is linked in data-events as well as in the provider portal/ PANTARIS Creator in the section Provisioning.

The provisioning itself, is documented here.

Is it sufficient that we keep track of applicationProvisionRunId to relate the termination request to the original provisioning request?

yes

Is it changing for each provision request?

yes

Also when creating another sandbox?

yes

We have setup Data Insights (DEV) in Pantaris-latest Marketplace for testing the order process.
The Try-out allowed me to create a workspace from where I successfully booked a Data Insights FREE plan project. I also was able to delete (remove) the FREE plan project again.

The “start” button in the workspace is configured to open the Data Insights FREE plan I booked:

• <insights_dev_host>/enter/af7cc2de-3698-11ee-a174-93c14162b038?ref=af7cc2de-3698-11ee-a174-93c14162b038&partner=Pantaris
  • <insights_dev_host>/enter/PANTARIS_PROJECT_ID?ref=PANTARIS_PROJECT_ID&partner=Pantaris

Unfortunately, according to the Application URL docu there is only a placeholder available for the projectId but not the applicationProvisionRunId.
Are you planing to add a placeholder for applicationProvisionRunId ? Or should we rather use the projectId as reference for the booking?

Note:

• some of our customer book several instances of Data Insights
  • there is a unique index on the single database field where we store the reference

Nice to hear you making progress.

You can get the provisioning run via the API using this query condition:

{
      'application.id': { _eq: appId },
      'project.id': { _eq: projectId }
}

Both IDs are available via placeholders.

Are you planing to add a placeholder for applicationProvisionRunId ?

There is no plan to add the applicationProvisionRunId right now. It’s not always available, just when 3rd party provisioning is activated for the given app.

Project Ids might not be unique, if you are also using app-sandboxes.

Thanks for your feedback.

We decided to keep theapplicationProvisionRunId and update the external URL to <insights_host>/ui/home. This is sufficient for users to get started. They get an invitation email from Insights anyway.

Unfortunately I am currently not able to update the External URL:

Once your application-version was send to review, you won’t be able to update the external url. Create a ticket in this case: Documentation | PANTARIS
Make sure to provide the whole url including place-holders, if used.