How to get userid/email of the User that triggered provisioning (data-events via amqp)?

Hi,
my name is Marcel and I’m currently working on a first integration with the provisioning API of Pantaris for IoT Insights (=3rd party application).
The idea is to listen to provisioning data-events via amqp (from Pantaris) and to use our already-in-place provisioning mechanism that we integrated with several other marketplaces (over the years).

Today, I realized that the event-messages we get from Pantaris are lacking user-information (user-id and email) of the user that initiated the provisioning:
During our provisioning-process, an user-invite-email is sent out to that user (he becomes the very first user for the new provisioned Insights project and may invite further users if needed).

Probably I missed something, as I guess that this is a very common use-case to somehow bind the provisioned project to a user.

Can you give me some hint how to achieve this? (I already realized that the token I got from ‘data-event-tokens’ is only valid for accessing the exchange - but not for the REST API).

It would be nice to either get this information directly in the event - or to get a pre-authorized REST-Url for User-endpoint like the ones for ‘application-provision-runs’ (with an appropriate token included).

Thanks in advance!

Hi @marcel.mager

great to hear you started the integration.

In PANTARIS apps are bound to the belonging project/organization and not to specific users.

(he becomes the very first user for the new provisioned Insights project and may invite further users if needed).

Users should not be in the need to manage users within application. They are managed within the belonging project or organizations. Apps should be build to use the existing information and to not make additonal user-invites required. It’s also possible to define roles of your applications within the portal. Find more information in the docs.

Probably I missed something, as I guess that this is a very common use-case to somehow bind the provisioned project to a user.

Sorry, but I disagree with that. Users come and go. The provisioning should be bound to a project or organization rather than a user.

Hi Thomas,

thanks for your fast reply.

From a Pantaris point of view, you are probably right: If an App is designed and implemented from scratch, the concepts of Pantaris should be taken in account.

However, Insights is a product that was developed over years. From my point of view it’s not just an “App” - it’s a full-featured Product with it’s own project-management, user+role-management, etc.

Our experience was - until now - that marketplaces come and go (at least we had to switch several times in the past :frowning: ). This is why several design decisions pointed in the direction that we implemented on our own to be flexible here.

If I understood you correctly, the user-management (especially the user-invite in question) needs to be initiated by Pantaris, right?
Would it be possible to somehow integrate our user-invite process with yours?

Thanks in advance.

I am not very fimilar with insights, it might be more useful to directly get in touch with the onboarding team (in this case sebastian) rather than discussion here.

A solution could be to disable / hide your user-management from the user and simply sync the users information from the given project (via the API), if the information needs to be there in advance. We need to issue a token with the according permissions, if that’s a suitable way. Or do it on demand, when a new user opens the application using the token and information from the jwt.

Thanks Thomas.
I’ll contact the onboarding-team.