Release 0.9.0: 4.4.2022 limitation on file size

Hi Calponia Platform team,

As supplier for customer services we are using the platform for remote vehicle data measurement. Currently we are struggling with large measured files which shall be uploaded onto Calponia platform (requested by our customer).

As per release 0.9.0: 4.4.2022 the allowed file size was limited to 5GB. From our point of view the file size allowed is far too less than the real life needs. Our customers have sometimes measured file up to 20GB!

My questions here:

• What is the reason to have this limitation on platform?
  • What happens if we upload a file larger than 5GB onto the platform? (both via file sync from BEG, or Web Browser UI)

Thank you for your quick answer!

Br,
Wanli Sheng

Hello Wanli,

What is the reason to have this limitation on platform?

the main reason is to ensure the stability of our platform. We do not have unlimited space and that limit gives us more control over the total available space.

What happens if we upload a file larger than 5GB onto the platform? (both via file sync from BEG, or Web Browser UI)

Larger files will be rejected by our upload API.

In order to upload lager files, you can split it into multiple 4.9GB parts (e.g. with any zip program) and upload the parts.

We will increase the limit to 10GB soon (this week).

We are also thinking about several ways to change and improve the usage of the file-store for projects and applications. As soon as we have any news, we will communicate here in the forum and via our documentation updates section.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your quick answer.
Please let me know once the 10GB goes live. This is helping us already a lot!

Hello Wanli,

as we had do some more important updates this week, there was no time for the limit increase. But it will be done in the maintenance-window on next Tuesday 1.11.2022, 12 - 13 CET.

Due to some changes in our release process the deployment of the increase is postponed to the next release: end of November.

Thanks for letting me know.

Hi Hans,

can you please give me short hint if the 10GB already goes live?

br,
Wanli

Hello Wanli,

sorry i did not update you. The limit is increased now, files up to 10GB should be no issue.

Regards, Hans