Status Code 500 on MKCOL Method

Hello,
I got a question regarding the following behavior of webdav-pantaris.
I’m getting an unexpected behavior when I call the webdav MKCOL Method. In particular, the mkcol statement is as follows:

MKCOL host/existing_folder/new_folder/new_folder.  > returns 500 - NOK?

If I see it right, according to the documentation of MKCOL Method (HTTP Extensions for Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV)), it should return 409 return code in such situation.
But in my case, I’m getting 500 Internal Server Error on the mentioned call, which I think it is a faulty response.
Could you please comment on this… ? Could related to a permission issue for instance ? Or any other issue not related to webdav-pantaris implementation ?
… for now, I don’t see the reason why the return code is 500 and not 409 instead.

What I’m also getting…

MKCOL host/existing_folder/new_folder  > returns 201 - OK
MKCOL host/existing_folder/existing_folder  > returns 409 - OK

Big Thanks
Vojtech Talir

… you can contact me directly on Teams if needed.

Hello Vojtech,

as i can see you have a dot in the end of your path for the first MKCOL request. Maybe this is the reason?

I will try to reproduce it, but to confirm: with MKCOL host/existing_folder/new_folder/new_folder you mean existing_folder is a folder which already exists and new_folder/new_folder are two new folders, which do not exist?

When the MKCOL operation creates a new collection resource, all ancestors MUST already exist, or the method MUST fail with a 409 (Conflict) status code

According to this from the spec, you are totally right, it must return a 409, i will check why it is not!

It seems that we have problems checking with nested folders here :confused:

Thanks for asking / reporting this!

Hello,
thanks for the response!

add 1) the dot being present in the request as you mentioned it is only a bad typo in the posted question. The request was sent without the dot.

add 2) exactly, existing_folder is a folder which already exists on the server. On the other hand new_folder is a folder that is not present there and it should be newly created.

Please have a look at it and let me know if you have any updates.
Thanks and have a nice day.

Vojtech

Hello,
any update here please ?

Thanks

Hello,

sorry for the delay, i did not have the time to dig deeper. I will check it this week and update you.

Best Regards, Hans

Hello,

OK, understood.

Take care, Vojta

Hello, are there any updates regarding this topic ? Thank you!

Hello, any updates here ? Thanks